Bihar Farmers might get Separate Electricity connection for Agriculture from October 2020

In a bid to provide separate electricity connection for Agriculture to the farmers of the state, the power company is trying hard and in the final stage to dedicate separate feeders for farming. To make it happen, although the rural areas may take some time, but it is reported, if all go by the smooth handle then may be from next month, the farmers get separate electricity connection for agriculture.

Bihar is one of the few states in India, where farmers are being provided electricity for agriculture at the rate of 65 paise per unit. The scheme to provide separate electricity for agriculture kicks back in March 2016 under Deendayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana. The central government bares the 60% expenditure of this scheme; however, the state government bares the remaining 40% expenditure.

To complete the goal, a target was setup to construct 293 substations of 11-33 kV and so far, 235 substations has already been built and the officials said, the remaining 58 substations could be built within a month. Talking same about the feeders, a total of 1388 feeders need to be separated out of the same 1192 feeders has been separated so far. Out of 79857 transformers of 25-63 kV, 55052 transformers have been installed while the remaining is expected to be installed within a month.

With this scheme, the company targets to give around 6.95 lakh farmers in the state separate electricity connection for agriculture. So far, 1.62 lakh farmers in the state has applied to get separate electricity connection for agriculture, out of which 1.42453 lakh farmers has get the connection.

Boring is mandatory to get the connection

The electricity company is providing separate electricity connection for agriculture only to those who already have motor pump bored either from their own will or from the government grant. Also, the company may ask Land Possession Certificate to give the connection.

Read also: Bihar Approved new Agriculture Investment Policy 2020

Sanjay Likes to write about Blog and Stuff. A Native to Muzaffarpur. In the meantime he like to try different recipes.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *