Mini Soil Testing Laboratory Samastipur Villages
Mini Soil Testing Laboratory Samastipur Villages

In order to provide employment to the youth of the district, the department of agriculture soon set up Mini Soil Testing Laboratories in some select villages of Samastipur.

In order to set up Mini Soil Testing Laboratory, the department of agriculture will grant 75 percent of the total project cost but the total project cost must not exceed Rs. 5 Lakh. Now, while the Department of Agriculture grants the 75 percent of total project cost, the remaining 25 percent will be contributed by the beneficiary itself.

Currently, 10 farmers from the district have been selected to set up these laboratories and they will soon get their selection letter from the Joint Director of Chemical Soil Testing Laboratory, Patna.

As per Scientists, 16 elements are required for good soil health. These elements include Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Water and more. However, these soil testing laboratories are said to be capable of testing around 12 elements in the soil that includes nitrogen, phosphorus, potash, calcium, magnesium, sulfur, zinc, iron, boron, manganese, copper, and chlorine.

While these laboratories test the soil in four to five days, farmers will get the soil health report if testing will be done via the kit.

The main aim to open these laboratories at first is to create employment for the youth in villages and the other to increase the health and quality of the soil in villages.

A health card will be made available to the farmer through which they can get their farm soil tested without paying a single penny.

Sanjay Likes to write about Blog and Stuff. A Native to Muzaffarpur. In the meantime he like to try different recipes.

Join the Conversation


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *