To boost Parcel and Freight activities via Railways, the East Central Railway has added support for Parcel and Freight Inquiries on the Rail Helpline Number 139. Now, traders, entrepreneurs and suppliers can track their parcel via the mentioned helpline number. A customer service officer is also assigned to operate in between 10 am to 6 pm every day to resolute customers enquiries.
Those of you who don’t know, the 139 Railway Helpline Number is based on Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) and provide help in several languages. Once you dial the helpline number it asks you to choose a set of services it is providing. Below is the list of services the Helpline number 139 is providing right now.
- To get assistance about safety, medical or accident (Dial 1)
- Railway Related Inquires (Dial 2)
- Inquiry about Food (Dial 3)
- For General Complaints (Dial 4)
- For Corruption Complaints (Dial 5)
- For Parcel and Freight Inquires (Dial 6) – Newly Added
- To get information about trains operated by IRCTC (Dial 7)
- To get information about your lodged complaint (Dial 9)
- Last but not the least, you can dial * to talk to the Customer service officer.