On the occasion of National Sports Day, Yesterday, the Deputy Chief Minister of our state, Shri Tarakishore Prasad joined a function named Bihar Khel Samman 2021.
The function was organized by the state arts, culture, and youth department at Premchand Rangshala.
At the function, the Deputy CM distributed prize money worth Rs 26.7 Lakh among 74 sportspersons of our state who excelled in the sports field.
Out of all the 74 sportspersons, 59 of them are from differently-abled categories whereas the remaining of them were general.
Apart from the prize money, these sports persons were also honored with certificates and mementos.
Here is what the Deputy CM said at the event.
“Sports develop a healthy mind which in turn develops our society. The state government is supporting sports and sportspersons in the state by bringing different initiatives.”
Sports Initiatives in Bihar
Below is the list of some of the sports initiatives that are currently implementing in Bihar through which the state is currently boosting its sports infrastructure.
- The state government is constructing Stadiums and Gyms in every district.
- The state is organising sports events at regular intervals, thanks to the Bihar Annual Sports Calendar.
- Rajgir will soon get a Sports University, International Cricket Stadium, and Sports Academy.
- Out of all the 353 approved stadiums, the state so far has constructed 169 of them.
- Bihar is arranging to create 24 modern training facilities for sportspersons.
- The state so far has approved to build 41 sports training centres in 23 districts. These centres are built under Eklavya State Residential Sports Training Centre Scheme. The scheme trains those school children who are talented in sports. Now, out of all the 41 approved training centres, 30 of them are already operational. In these 41 centres 29 of them are for boys whereas the remaining of them (i.e. 12) are for girls.
Do you know some other initiatives through which Bihar is boosting its sports infrastructure? If yes, then let us know about the same in the comments down below.