In the current fiscal year 2021-22, NHAI is planning to construct 704.88 km long highway in North Bihar.
They are soon going to accept the tender for the same.
Out of the expected construction length, 504 km road is of four lanes while 161.88 km road is of two lanes.
If NHAI complete constructing the road in time, then it would be a historical year for North Bihar as North Bihar is getting the four lane roads after 10 years of waiting.
NHAI plans to construct a total length of 857.38 km highway in which 152.5 km highway is in the south side of Ganga River while the remaining 704.88 km highway in in the different districts of North Bihar.
Below are the highways whose tenders are expected to be completed in the current fiscal year.
- 211.5 km long Aamas-Samastipur-Darbhanga Expressway
- 82 km long four lanes in between Siwan to Keshariya via Mashrakh and Rajepatti.
- 127 km long two lanes in between Umgaon, Madhubani to Saharsa via Bhagwati Sthan, Madhubani.
- 167.5 km long four lanes in between Patna to Areraj via Vaishali, Sahebganj (Muzaffarpur), and Keshariya (East Champaran).
- 82 km long two lanes in between Muzaffarpur to Sonbarsa via Sitamarhi that is expected to be completed in December last year but not done due to the global pandemic outbreak.
Since, the construction of Hajipur-Chapra four-lane highway in the year 2010-11, North Bihar have not seen the construction of any four-lane highway.
We could say 2020-21 is the golden year for four-lane highway construction in Bihar. This year six highways of total length 647 km have been approved for construction but none of them belongs to North Bihar.
In the past 5 years, on one hand where East and South Bihar gets 1188.11 km long highways, North Bihar only get 235.93 km highway.