- CM Nitish ask officials to setup 10+2 Residential Schools for OBC girls in each district
- CM Nitish ask the officials to construct JKT Hostels in each district
- Bihar government will soon start Coaching for Competitive exams in goverment run hostels like OBC welfare hostels, JKT hostels and more.
This Saturday while reviewing the functions of Backward and Extremely Backward Classes welfare department, the state CM Nitish Kumar ordered the officials to setup 10+2 residensial schools for girls belonging to OBC community in each district.
The CM also asked the officials to construct Jannayak Karpoori Thakur Hostels (aka JKT hostels) in each districts.
Those of you who don’t know, the JKT hostels are alloted to boys who comes from the EBC category.
27 Jannayak Karpoori Thakur Hostel (JKT Hostels) are operational in Bihar
At the time of writing this article, 27 JKT hostels are operational in the state whereas 2 hostels has recently been constructed but has not been operational yet. Six more hostels are being constructed.
Apart from that, the state government currently runs 14 welfare hostels for OBC boys.
In the meeting, the state CM said, we will soon start giving coaching facilities for competitive examinations in the state run hostels like OBC welfare hostels, JKT hostels etc.
For students who comes from SC/ST and EBC categories, Under Civil Service Incentive Scheme the state government incentivize the candidates by giving them Rs. 50,000 and Rs. 1 lakh for clearing the BPSC and UPSC prelims exams. About Civil Service Incentive Scheme, the state CM said, “I am extremly happy to know that many boys and girls are getting benefits of Civil Service Incentive Scheme”.
In the meeting, the secretary of BC & EBC welfare department, Pankaj kumar shared a presentation in front of the CM where he explained about different schemes run by the department. Those of you who don’t know, the state’s Deputy Chief Minister, Renu Devi is also the BC and EBC welfare minister of the state.
The other senior officials present in the meeting were:
- Deepak Kumar (Principal Secretary, CM)
- Tripurari Sharan (Chief Secretary, CM)
- Amir Subhani (Developement Commissioner)
- Sanjay Kumar (Chief Secretary, Eduation Dept.)
- S Siddartha (Chief Secretary, Finance Dept.)
In order to improve the girls education, the state government is running different schemes.